This week the Mancuisine group will be assembling to have a great collection of BBQ ribs. Each member will be stopping by a favorite BBQ site on the way to Scott’s, arriving with a rack and a side. If anyone has a suggestion of a Twin Cities BBQ place worthy of a stop please let us know in the replies below.
Mancuisine members will be posting the sites they are claiming as well. First come, first taken on the locations. As you’ll notice Isaac has already claimed the mighty Ted Cook’s from his old Neighborhood. Scott has taken an entirely different approach.
Here’s the early claims (updated post event). Check the replies as they come in for the rest:
Rack- Ted Cook’sNote: Ted Cook’s is not open on Mondays
- Replacement: White Castle Sliders (according to some source they include rib meat!) and Stew from Merlin’s Rest
- Side- White Castle Fries
- Rack- Nye’s Polonaise (Do the Poles really make ribs?)
- Side- Sauerkraut and boiled potato
- Rack- Big Daddy’s
- Side- Collard Greens!
- Rack- Baker’s Ribs – full rack, St. Louis Cut, Texas Style with a delicious sauce on side.
- Side- Smokey Baked Beans & Tomato Basil Salad
- Rack- Baldy’s BBQ
- Side- Delicious cornbread & Potato salad (white variety with bacon)
- Meat- Pulled Pork from
- Meat- Wings from B-Dubs (four varieties: Hot, Hot BBQ, Asian Zing, Mango Habanero)
Great turnout with almost all in attendance. The ale selection included two varieties of Oskar Blues, Bells Two-Hearted, Lagunitas Little Sumpin’ Sumpin’ (although the discussion was more on whether Kyle inspired the Lagunitas Sucks! brew after interactions with the head brewmaster when living in CA), and another sampling of Isaac’s fine Alt homebrew as he attempts to perfect his recipe. All in attendance reached a state of meat coma, followed by random YouTube watching, Spam flavored Macadamia nut eating, and bourbon sampling around Scott’s fabulous bar set-up in his NE pad.